2/10/2008

Rexburg Temple Dedication

Today was the Rexburg Temple Dedication. During the corner stone ceremony, a little redheaded boy came up to have a turn with the mortor. President Monson said " Oh! I have a story about a little redheaded boy. Once, after general conference, I went down to the front row to talk to a little redheaded boy. You know, the security doesn't like it when I do that. I went to the little boy and I said 'I hope you go on a mission. I like to put one red head in every mission, because they're pace setters.' I got a letter a while later, from the boys' mother. It said that he had been standing in front of the mirror combing his hair and saying 'I'm a PACE SETTER!'"

I thought that was a cute story. It made me think of Holly.

6 comments:

Evenspor said...

I've heard him tell that story before. I think it's funny that he would say, "Oh, I have a story about.." at the temple dedication. It's like he's trying to live up to his reputation or something.

the reilly's said...

how cute. i think there is always something special about little red headed kids, i don't see too many and i think they're adorable.

Big Bopper said...

You know Arwen, I would think that about Pres. Monson to - except that I have seen so much of him overt the years that I really believe it's just who he is. He can't help himself, the "I have a story about that" just comes out without him thinking.

Evenspor said...

I like President Monson and his stories. He told us one once at regional conference about how you shouldn't eat the bottom of your ice cream cone, because there might be a fly in it. Have you guys ever seen the list of how famour LDS people eat their Reeses? David (M) wrote a hilarious version once. I need to find it.

Andrea said...

Shell, what a fun story. Thanks for sharing. And how nice to be at the Rexburg Temple dedication. Someday (when it's not winter) I want to come to Rexburg to visit.

Add is on said...

so, you should take a picture of the jeans your mom forbade you to ever wear again. why exactly did she do that? maybe that's the next photo project i'll do: people in jeans.