7/16/2008

Of Chihuahua and Deer

Let's talk about chihuahua and deer. I feel the need to post this because A. It's a great insight to Michelle's mind and B. I want to know if any of you think the same way as me.

Trevor and I were driving along through the Tetons one day, looking for a good place to fish. We drove for quite a while, down dirt roads and up highways... all over the place. At one point we were pretty well off the beaten path, without another car or road in sight. As I was gazing out the window I saw something amid the greenery... "Oh," I thought to myself "That's kind of a cute chihuahua."
We continue driving.
"Hm, that was a little big for a chihuahua."
We keep driving.
And then BAM! Reason finally catches up with my thought process.
"HEY! There was a deer back there!!"
"Really?" said Trevor.
We backed up and sure enough, there was a deer hidden up to it's neck in bushes and undergrowth. A doe. A female deer.
By now, I'm laughing hysterically at myself, and I tell Trevor how I initially thought it was a chihuahua. He thinks I'm crazy.

So, here is the question folks: from far away, in a moving car, and from the neck up, do you think a doe looks like a chihuahua? In case you haven't seen any deer lately, I'll throw in some pictures I found on google image.



3 comments:

Aaron and Sarah Enget said...

I think that perhaps yes, you are right. We used to think our chihuahua looked like a little doe. so i agree! lol

mo mcd said...

Maybe a little, but not really. But, I still like you.

mo mcd said...

I got to take percacet for like, 3 days when I had kidney stones. Pain meds, it turns out, are OK for baby, I guess! Expect a phone call tomorrow . . . .