11/20/2008

Fetus!

So. I am officially in the 2nd trimester... and 'LO AND BEHOLD I STILL HAVE MORNING SICKNESS. And fatigue. But that's because I can't sleep on my stomach anymore (it feels like there's a big ole' grapefruit hiding in my abdomen). But come on! I was really hoping for that magical second trimester threshold: where all unpleasant symptoms stop, and pregnancy becomes wonderful! The second trimester, where pregnant ladies sit around with their hands on their tummies all day, contemplating the wondrous life within them, in soft focus. You know, like on book covers. Sigh. Oh well, I'm done complaining for now.
So! I'm 14 weeks pregnant, and in the 15th week of baby growing! Baby is the size of a large orange. That is pretty huge. Baby isn't really up to much this week, mostly kicking about (which I think I may or may not be feeling... I'll let you know when I'm sure). However, baby is sensitive to light! If I shined a flashlight straight at my belly, the baby would probably turn away. Unfortunately, I don't have a personal ultrasound machine at my house, so I can't test this out. Wouldn't that be awesome if I did have one of those, though? I would use that sucker all the time.

3 comments:

P&M Inc. said...

You are so funny. I love you. Don't worry, it won't last forever - remember that it's "Egyptian Flu" and when you're over it you'll be a mummy.

mo mcd said...

When the baby is bigger, the flashight game is more fun. Your whole belly retreats off to the other side. :) Tell Trevor I hope he feels better!

erin said...

The whole 12 week magic end to morning sickness is just a cruel joke they tell pregnant women to give them hope! For me it is usually between 16 and 20 weeks...thank goodness. I will be crossing my fingers for week 16 for you. Good luck.