9/24/2008

First Doc visit + Baby Development

So today I had my first Doctor visit! One of many for the next 9 months. Everything went well, they gave me a bunch of cool free stuff and answered all of my questions.

I was also told all of the things that will kill my baby.

I know they have to do this to make sure that you're cautious, and so you don't do anything that will hurt baby. I really didn't even hear anything I didn't already know, I guess it was just hearing everything all at once that had me freaking out. But DANG! After hearing all of that in one sitting, I felt like most of the stuff in my home and EVERYTHING outside of my home was going to kill our baby!!

Anyway, today I am also officially 6 weeks pregnant, which means (according to What to Expect) that between now and next Wednesday is the 7th week of development. Here's what baby is doing:



At the end of this week, baby will be about 10, 000 times bigger than at conception! This is what I'm saying! I keep telling people our baby is HUGE and they look at me and say "quarter of an inch is huge?" Yes. Yes it is. Baby's brain is growing at a rate of 100 cells per minute, and baby's soon to be cute little face is getting more defined. Arm and leg paddles are getting bigger and getting ready to divide up into cute little fingers and toes!

And what is mommy doing this week? Dealing with morning sickness, tiredness, and a bladder the size of a grain of salt. On a happier note, we get to see Grandma and Grandpa Butchart, along with D. Ann, very soon! And then we get to go to Las Vegas! And THEN on the 15th of October, we get to meet our little one face to face :) We'll also know how many there are. I know there's been a lot of speculation as to how many buns I'm cooking, and even though I used to think there might be two, now I'm pretty sure there's just one. I've had morning sickness, but I don't think it's bad enough to be twins.

5 comments:

stafford family said...

AAAAAAAAAAA its a lizard!

Andrea said...

It's so fun to read about your growing baby. Sounds like you already have What to Expect. When I was pregnant I also had Great Expectations Guide to Pregnancy (or something like that) and I LOVED IT. Even more than What to Expect. And in the back there was a big section on baby gear and how to care for your newborn and your post partem self that was great.

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry you have morning sickness. I quickly learned what not to eat because it was 10x's worse when it came up. It's so exciting to know how the baby is developing!

Heather said...

Wow! congrats! I'm due on the 28th of May!!! Enjoy your first it is sooooo....fun, after the morning sickness part I mean.

mo mcd said...

I liked Wndy's baked potatoes and powerade when I had morning sickness. This might explain some of Marshall's craziness.