9/29/2008

The Mighty MAN.

Well... Trevor bought a gun. He's really wanted one for a while. Sigh.


Now, before I launch into what I think, let me provide Trevor with his opportunity to speak:

"It's a Savage model 110 chambered in a 30-o6. Don't listen to Michelle. Having a gun is safe."

Okay. There was no way I could justify withholding a gun from Trevor, since I know most of my concerns are unfounded (with proper safety techniques and such) and since we live Idaho. However... my two illogical sides are still duking it out over how I should feel about this (blame it on pregnancy hormones).

Part one of me says "NO GUNS WITH KIDS IN THE HOUSE." None. That same part of me really worries about Trevor killing Bambi's mother.

Part two of me says "But... what if we end up living in a post-apocalyptic world!! What if the government collapses and all grocery stores FAIL? Then Trevor could hunt a buffalo and feed us and our extended family for a year!"

So... Trevor got the gun. And I'm still worried about Bambi's mom. But... a buffalo probably really would feed our extended family for year.

9 comments:

the reilly's said...

I know how you feel Patrick bought a hand gun when we moved down to Payson and I was really unsure but we keep it in a safe out of the kids eyesite. And then for some bizzare reason his brothers bought him a hunting riffle, patrick doesn't even hunt!!! needless to say that gun is hidden and the ammo is in a completely different area of the house.

Rebecca said...

Guns are one of the issues that J and I think so differently on, but his family is totally safety first and hunting is such a bonding time thing that it's starting to not bother me so much (as long as I don't have to hear or see the gruesome part of hunting and I get to eat the elk - yum). But as soon as we get a house and the guns back we're totally getting a safe.

Big Bopper said...

Did you know that I raised 5 physically and mentally healthy (well except maybe for you) children with not one, but TWO guns (and ammunition) in the house?

Three comments:
1) Congratulations Trevor. I now have greater hope of someday getting another motorcycle.
2) I recognized it as a 30-06 the moment I saw it. Mostly a deer rifle. You'd have a hard time bringing down a buffalo with it. Which brings me to #3...
3) A buffalo would not feed you and your kin for a year - a few months maybe, but not a year.

Evenspor said...

Are there buffalo/bison in Idaho?

Michelle & Trevor said...

I know there are in Yellowstone, but I think that's it.

P&M Inc. said...

By the way, you didn't say anything about the nice looking scope. I'm impressed with it too.

mo mcd said...

We have tree guns in our house. And since Ozzy's a cop, one doesn't have a safety mechanism. Ozzy wants to shoot guns with Trevor. Not at trevor.

mo mcd said...

Oh man. Three, not tree. baby was helping. :)

ozzymac84 said...

Guns are fun! I've been around guns for my whole life. Guns only get dangerous when u don't know how to use them. Trevor, a 30-06 is a good gun. It's good for many things like hunting and shooting intruders. They also blow up rabbits pretty good to. Guns are big boy toys and I think everyone should have at least one. Good choice trevor. Your gun has some power i've seen a 30-06 take out a elk, deer, moose, and they have even taken down bison to. just depends on the shot. Have fun with the gun!