9/20/2008

What Baby is doing this week

Hi guys! I decided that since I have some time on my hands, I'll post an update on how Baby Butchart is growing week by week. So even though we're halfway through it, here is what is happening during week 6 of baby growing:

6 Weeks Pregnant
6 Weeks Pregnant

(if you click that, it will take you to a cool site where you can see a 3-D rotation of our embryo)

The big developments this week are: Our baby has a beating heart! Okay, that was actually last week, but it's pretty exciting. Although I see conflicting information on this, our baby is a quarter of an inch long (about as big as a Tic Tac). Baby has cute little cheeks, jaws and a chin developing. Ear canals are also getting their start, along with baby's kidney, liver and lungs.

2 comments:

Big Bopper said...

Looks too much like a cat. I hate cats. Now if it looked like a dog. . .

Just kidding. You will have a cute baby for sure.

Michelle & Trevor said...

A cat? I thought it looked more like a Liopleurodon. A cute one, but a Liopleurodon nonetheless.