3/25/2009

Gettin' Ready for the Showdown

Hey Mommies!

I've been reading about Evening Primrose Oil and Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, and their effects on labor; and I was wondering what all of you think? My doctor said I could take the Evening Primrose Oil if I want to, but to not get my hopes up since it's never proven to make labor easier. Do you have any experience with it?

I haven't asked him about the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, but it sounds like it's the shiftier of the two. If you have any thoughts on this, I would love to hear it!

4 comments:

mo mcd said...

I think it sounds funny. Like you're six. Put a band-aid on my broken arm and it will be better. :) If it works, I'll try it next time, though. :) Epidurals seem to do the trick for the most part . . .

Michelle & Trevor said...

Oh, these things aren't supposed to make the pain better, they're just supposed to make labor progress more quickly, and hopefully keep you from going past your due date. You know, cervix ripening and all that.

Big Bopper said...

TMI, TIM

Heather said...

I would say as long as you are under the care of an herbologist or a liscensed midwife, (since they seem to know all about them as well) go for it. Just be prepared for the pain. Most of it just strengthens and tones your uterus making contractions more productive. It still hurts!! All the best!!!