9/08/2009

My Mountain Men


Yesterday, for Labor Day, Trevor, Atticus, Blake and I went up in the mountains for the day. We hiked, picnicked, and climbed on some rocks. It was a pretty fantastic day! We were going to come home and roast hotdogs over a fire, but we were pooped (Atticus literally), so maybe we'll do that tonight and get pictures up tomorrow.


Trevor with his awesome binoculars


Aren't they cute?


That sweatshirt must have been delicious.


I know Blake dominates this picture, but the cave behind him was really cool! We couldn't get down there, but it looked like it went through the rock, and then back into the mountain.

If you click on the picture and look really closely, you'll see an antelope. It was really close to the truck when we stopped, and Trevor got SO excited! Then he enlightened me about antelopes. Did you know that both males and females have horns? Now you do.

Our delicious picnick: Dry salame, smoked gouda and triscuits (and chocolate pudding)


A cow rock.















There was a peak in between these two pictures that Trevor got to the top of (I... didn't. I got about halfway.) He took a picture when he got to the top, but somewhere between the top and our computer it dissapeared. I bet you can imagine though.


And here is our cute boy enjoying some delicious rice cereal! Isn't he adorable? The kid sure loves it.

3 comments:

mo mcd said...

Oh man . . . . Atticus looks so cute in that picture of him and Trevor! I have the hugest box of stuff for him (Atticus). We need to figure out when I'll see you next . . . . or I can mail it. Let me know!

D.Ann said...

Looks like you all had great time. Love ya, D.Ann

P&M Inc. said...

What is there not to like about this? Salami, cheese and crackers. Yumm!

And hiking too! What a great day.