9/10/2009

What was your first family meal?

I was looking at Peter and Leigh-Ann's blog, and I saw THIS:

I thought it was really cute. And then I remembered that I took a picture of our first family meal too, and I wondered if anyone else took pictures of or even remembers their first family meal as a married couple. If you do, leave a comment or post a blog about it! I would love to hear about it!

Our first Sit-down-at-a-table family meal: Cheddar Broccoli Soup, with a crusty baguette (off screen) and Martinelli's. We were in Canada (Victoria) on our honeymoon, and we walked 10 or so blocks to a little grocery store where I bought way too much broccoli (I'd never made the soup before), a little tube of flour (I still have the empty tube), and got lost looking for the cheese. We also bought some Nanaimo bars. Here's the evidence:

What sophistication! :) Seriously, I'm interested in what your first married-couple meal was, if you remember it!

7 comments:

mo mcd said...

We were late on having one, I think. We ate at Ivar's on the way home from our wedding . . . . and then we ate cold pizza in our hotel room after the reception. And the next day we traveled ALL DAY . . . . so I have no idea what we ate first in our apartment. Maybe Captain Crunch for breakfast?

Lorna said...

fun fun! I know I have pictures somewhere but who knows where to even look! We had penne with marinara and grilled chicken, broccoli, and garlic bread. Also with Martinellis.

Neighbor Keith said...

For dinner on the first night of our honeymoon we walked down cannery row in Monterrey and ate at Bubba Gump's Shrimp. We had forgotten warm clothes (it was August after all) and were freezing outside before being seated outside under a heater. After dinner we immediately found a shop and bought a couple of hoodies.

Becky said...

Our first family meal was snack food (technically) we went to the store and bought stuff to snack on while at the B&B. They brought us breakfast the next morning. So we had cheese and meat and crackers and sparkling apple-pear cider.

Rebecca said...

The day after our wedding was Thanksgiving. For dinner we went to some semi-fancy diner and I had the turkey dinner. I can't remember what Jeff ate - I just remember being surprised he didn't get turkey.

Vecchiocane said...

Hmmm, now this is a stretch. Plus I'm hampered by the fact that guys don't really remember things like this (notice this is the only male-gendered post).
I know we went to that seafood restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf in the city. I had eaten there a number of times when we were "in SF for the day" (catching ACT plays instead of going to beloved YCHS). And that was when I found out Martha doesn't like seafood. Someone who spent her errant HS days at the Oregon Coast, go figure.
Well it was good anyhow. I had abalone and she had a burger.
Thaat may not have been our first married meal, but it was on the first day of our honeymoon, so close. We camped in the Redwoods for several days and ate camp food most of the rest of the honeymoon.

Vecchiocane said...

OOOps! I apologize to Keith in advance. I didn't remember seeing his post in there.
Hey, I'm getting to that age where the memory plays little tricks.