3/25/2011

Knitting: It's Pretty Awesome.

So I've been teaching myself how to knit lately. I just finished my third project, a lacey type scarf.



Unwashed hair, Trevor's shirt, and baby food on my jeans. Take me home to mom, 'cause I'm all lady.


See how long it is? This scarf is knitted lengthwise, not by width like most scarves. I had about 4 feet worth of stitches scrunched onto 12 inch needles. I just want you appreciate how hard this was before you take a close up look at my work.



Okay, so it's not perfect, but it's only the third thing I've ever knitted.

And no, I also didn't make those flowers. I'm terrible at crocheting. Really terrible. If you have endless amounts of patience and feel like teaching me how to crochet fancy little flowers let me know!

Anyway, knitting is pretty awesome. If you knit and want to share patterns with me I would love that! Or if you live close to me and want to learn how to knit, I would love to teach you, because it's fun!

3 comments:

Evenspor said...

Really nice work. I can't believe you knitted that lengthwise on a standard needle.

I learned knitting basics when I was little but wasn't very good and gave it up. I plan to re-learn one of these days, but in the meantime I cheat with the knifty knitters.

David Peter said...

That is really nice Michelle!

mhall said...

That's my amazing, talented Michelle!! It is beautiful. I wish you could teach me how to knit. Maybe I will try and figure out how to do the flowers and then we could be a team.