3/03/2011

Funny Story of the Day

So about 3 months ago I was calling in a perscription refill, and I grabbed the wrong bottle. I accidentally called in my old Zofran script from my pregnancy with the twins. I have (multiple times) told the Wal-Mart pharmacy that I don't need it, but for some reason they can't seem to get rid of the request. Every month since then, a different nurse from my OB has called me to see if I really need it. The conversation always goes similar to this:

"Hello?"

"Hi Michelle, this is (insert name of nurse I know pretty well here) from Seasons Women's center."

Then they start using a soft, sympathetic voice. Almost the tone you would use if you found out someone's spouse had cancer.

"I have a request here for you to get a refill of Zofran?"

"No, no, that was a mistake. I've tried to get the pharmacy to delete that request a few times, but I guess they haven't done it yet."

-insert HUGE sigh of relief from nurse-

"Oh! Well, I am so relieved for you! I thought that was pretty brave (she means insane) of you to be pregnant so soon again after twins!"


Haha, I guess when you have 3 babies in a year, and they all go into the NICU, your nurses really feel for you :)

1 comment:

red said...

You know my first thought when I saw this title was, "oh no, she's not pregnant again..." haha. ...well I thought it was funny anyway. way to stick to your new years resolution, your nurses and I are proud. ;)