5/11/2012

Atticus's Nightmares

Last night Atticus woke up crying so I went to check on him. When I got to his room, the following conversation happened

"I scared!! I scared!!"
"What's the matter honey? Did you have a nightmare?"
"I so scared! *cries*"
"Oh baby, it's alright. What's scaring you?"
"Pumpkins! Scary pumpkins. I scared pumpkins."
"I'm sorry. Pumpkins are just a delicious vegetable, you don't need to be scared of them."
"Pumpkins so scary!! I scared pumpkins, I scared."

Then he stopped crying and went back to sleep. I guess we'll see how this affects our Halloween this year. 

2 comments:

CHARLLLOTTE said...

HAHAHA You should introduce him to Monsters vs Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space.

Big Bopper said...

Well, it's probably my fault. His mother was startled by a scary jack-o-lantern (not once, but on several occasions) when she was little. As far as that goes, she was probably frightened by most of the things I did when my kids were growing up. Warped for life, I'm sure.