12/17/2008

Adventures in Christmas Spirit

It has been snowing here pretty much non-stop the whole week, with temperatures around 15. The weatherman says that this is going to keep on keepin' on for the foreseeable future. Sure it's "Christmas Weather", and all that, but up until today I was pretty displeased. Today, however, brought a surprise of epic proportions right outside our bedroom window:



WE HAVE A SNOWCONE BUSH. Right outside our bedroom window.

Next on the the agenda, I have been making assorted Christmas goodies for the past two days (for cookie plates), and I just have a couple things to share with you.

1. Gelatin is flammable. That's all I have to say about that.

2. Don't feed your dog tiny malformed leftover sugar cookies. You will spend the rest of your day seeing this two inches from your face:



Third of all, according to babycenter.com my baby will someday be a circus acrobat.



Babycenter also says our baby is having a "sensory explosion" this week, which doesn't sound healthy to me, but apparently that's a good thing. Not much else is going on, but every website keeps reiterating "Your baby can hear yoooou! Talk to it! Even if you're just telling him your grocery list!" Now, I have no problem talking or singing to my baby in my home, but if I'm walking down the produce isle in Broulims, I'm not going to pick up a large mango, look at my belly, and say "HEY BABY! Look at this Mango! This is how big you are this week!!"

3 comments:

P&M Inc. said...

Looks like your baby is already a contortionist. And why not talk to your baby in the store? People already know your mental state. . .

Vecchiocane said...

Oh come on, there has got to be a story behind flammable jello!

mo mcd said...

OK, I got on your blog to try to get the scoop . . . Melocus is a . . . . c'mon! We want to know!