12/04/2008

And so it begins.


I am DEFINITELY feeling the baby move. I know it's supposedly "early" for a first time mother, but I honestly don't know how I could mistake some of these movements for anything else. Most of them are little, kind of like a goldfish swimming around, or like popcorn popping (maybe the baby has a good supply of Jiffy Pop in my uterus?) But yesterday, as I was driving home from Idaho Falls, I distinctly felt two little feet kicking into my left side. Feet, people, FEET!!

It is simultaneously the coolest and weirdest thing I've ever experienced. Yes, it's weird. Really weird. When you can finally feel a tiny little living creature MOVING inside of you, it's kinda creepy. Certainly amazing, and wonderful to have that connection with my baby, but still weird.

One more thing about feeling the baby move: yesterday, during that significant "Holy cow, that was a foot" moment, I realized that for the first time, it hurt. Not a ton, but it wasn't pleasant. What's with that? My baby weighs under a pound. How much force could she be putting behind those kicks?

Okay. So what else is baby up to this week? Turning cartilage into bones, gaining weight, and listening to mommy sing Christmas Carols! Cool, eh?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Feeling him move was the coolest part of pregnancy for me. However, if you thought tiny feet were uncomfortable - wait till he puts on a few more pounds and decides his favorite place to be is under your ribs!

I hope you get feeling better - you have all of my sympathy!