12/10/2008

Weird Dreams... again.


So lately, Trevor and I have had some weird dreams about religious persecution. I can only assume that these dreams come from a mixture of lack of sleep, pregnancy hormones (on my part), and that weird part of our brains that comes up with these things. You know, that part that produced dreams about my mom's station wagon kidnapping me, and dreams about giving birth to a zucchini which my doctor insists I take home and breastfeed.


Anyway, I had a dream the other night where I was responsible for removing all the LDS women from the Yuba City Stake Center without getting them burned to death by the angry mob. Why were they angry? I don’t know. Maybe it was leftover anger from practicing polygamy nearly 120 years ago. Maybe they were just mad at us for producing mass quantities of delicious funeral potatoes. There was no dream explanation for my dream mob. Anyway, the mob was momentarily held at bay by parking blocks. The angry people and their torches could not get past the 4 foot parking blocks (I don’t know why they had torches, either. It was daytime). As I was frantically searching for a way to get us all out of there, a woman came up to me and said “Psst! Do you know about the secret tunnel? It leads from the bathrooms in here to the bathrooms by the baseball field.”


“Brilliant!” I thought. And then I remembered that the baseball field bathrooms are only about 12 feet away from the actual church building, and still within the protected grounds. Useless! I went back to thinking of ways to get out of there. I finally decided that the best way out was to disguise ourselves as the Sikh Parade. Unfortunately we had no props or costumes, so we would just have to rely on our acting skills. I stood up in front of everyone and explained the plan, ending with “So we’ll all just have to act really Sikh! Don’t act Mormon!” The plan was greeted by cheers, and an immediate scurry to organize.


That was where my dream ended. The weirdest thing was that I woke up still feeling really oppressed. Like nobody liked me, and I wasn’t allowed to be LDS anymore. I like being LDS. You guys still like me, right?

4 comments:

Big Bopper said...

I love you Shelly. I like you an awful lot too. You mind if I share this with others? This really brightened up my afternoon! : )

Rebecca said...

That's hilarious - thanks for the the laugh!

PeggyB said...

Hey...I think I'm the one in the front! Thanks for saving us with your great idea! (Love your blog by the way! I LOVE the way your mind works.

Neighbor Keith said...

I had a dream last night about disrupting the passing of the sacrament. The ended up singing "Silent Night" in a three-part acapella style that really wasn't that reverent, but was supposed to bring back the spirit after I intentionally broke a guy's leg.