10/12/2009

California! Here we Come!

... Or there we went, anyway.

Our trip to Yuba City to see Grandma and Grandpa was GREAT!

Our second day there we went to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm, and we had a BLAST! Here is a picture of the Chief Hog himself:



That's his foot he's munching on, not his hand.

I thought about buying that pumpkin and hollowing it out for Atticus to live in, but then I thought he would probably just gnaw on it until it was gone.


I have a picture of my mom and I at the bottom of this slide when I was a baby, but I can't find it right now.

The cue ball being generally cute at Grandma and Grandpa's during breakfast. You see all that shiny drool? He's like a snail. He leaves a trail of slime wherever he goes.

We went to the beach on Monday with Chris and Lorna & Co., and naturally Atticus was most interested in playing with Kayla's pants for the first hour :)


Kayla and Ian were having so much fun!! Kayla and I even baked some sand-cakes and some sand-cookies.


Don't judge; I had already been boogie boarding at this point, so I look like a beast, but I thought it would be good to get a picture of both of us on the coast.

He is getting SO GOOD at sitting up by himself! He's even better than this now, he can sit up without his hands supporting himself for a couple of seconds.

In other Atticus news, he cut his two bottom teeth in the last week! Not so much fun, but at least he seems to be getting it over with quickly. Those razor sharp little gum knives are keeping us all on our toes until he gets used to them.

3 comments:

P&M Inc. said...

I miss you both so much,
Come back!!

P&M Inc. said...

By the way, Shelly, I owe you a hunk of dry jack cheese. It was good.

Michelle & Trevor said...

Oh, I completely forgot about that!! Oh well. I'm glad it was tasty :)