12/09/2009

Crafting and Christmas

What has Michelle been up to these days? Well, besides slathering lotion on the Attigator's newly diagnosed winter eczema (don't worry, it's never bothered him at all, it just freaks me out to see it), I'm been making THIS STUFF:


I actually started work on this a long time ago, but after refinishing the wood didn't work out exactly how I wanted, I bagged it and just bought a can of spray paint. The reupholstery work was super easy though.


Christmas countdown... 'nuff said.


We just got a Kitchenaid, and I wanted to try making fondant. I think these turned out pretty adorable and delicious, if I do say so myself!



I've also been getting into embroidery and cross stitching lately. I just made these Christmas curtains out of a couple of tea towels. Obviously they need to be shortened a bit, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out!


I've also found that, since having Atticus, I need a place to channel... certain... aspects of my personality. Cross stitching is the perfect place (perfectly hilarious place) to say things that don't have a place in baby conversation.


Of course, I like to cross stitch pretty things too, and this is just super simple, but this cracks me up every time I see it.

1 comment:

mhall said...

My talented, creative daughter - I love the upholstery, the Christmas craft, the cupcakes look scrumptious and curtains are adorable! But the cross-stitch is scary.