6/07/2010

I'm making 2 little MMA fighters.

That's right. Monica suggested it, and I think she must be right: I'm building two little mixed martial arts fighters. So what makes me think that I'm building MMA fighters? In the past two weeks, they have completely switched sides, from right to left and left to right. This is no small feat with such limited space. Not to mention they are always kicking and shoving each other during my scans. Here are some pictures from today's ultrasound:


In case you can't read the caption, that's Baby B waving "HI!" She also kicked way up at the top of my belly during the ultrasound, and surprised me into saying "OH!" which scared the ultrasound tech because she thought she had hurt me. She's a real sweetie :)


This is Baby A rubbing her eye. She must have been tired from all of the barrel rolls she's been doing.

In other uterus news, the babies still have a very small growth discordance, just 6%. The placenta hasn't started to calcify yet, and the babies still have enough fluid to do water aerobics. It would be pretty unexpected for either of those thing to have problems this early, but I guess if I'm going to be scanned every other week, they might as well start checking early. Also, I had my gestational diabetes screening today, and my body is pretty stellar at processing glucose, even when it's simultaneously making two babies. Woo-hoo! We celebrated with cupcakes.

1 comment:

mhall said...

They are so beautiful already!