6/17/2010

Quick Update

Hi guys! I just thought I would let you in on some Butchart family updates. First of all, our camera heaved out it's last picture. We're looking for a new one, but in the meantime, I have no cute Atticus pictures to offer. I understand if you don't come back until that situation has changed.

Second, I've been given a few restriction recommendations, in terms of physical activity. My pelvis has started to come apart earlier than it's supposed to. It makes certain movements pretty painful, like putting on pants, or turning over in bed, or going up stairs. At first walking was hard too, but I'm getting better at balancing, which helps. But you always knew I was unbalanced, didn't you? Anyway, because of this, my doctor is a little more concerned about preterm labor. I'm not supposed to lift Atticus anymore, and I'm supposed to just take my day a little slower. So, it's not quite even partial bedrest, but hopefully this will help me avoid issues in the future.

However... have you ever tried to get through the day without lifting your 13 month old? I submit that it is not possible. So, the lovely and talented Mandy has come to stay with us for a little bit! We are so lucky to have her!

So that's what is going on here. Entertaining posts will resume when we have a camera again. See you later!

3 comments:

Big Bopper said...

Oh Mandy, You came and you gave without taking...

Who made that tune popular?

The Rose Family said...

Hey Michelle-- I had my OB tell me the same this about avoiding the pelvic pains by not lifting my toddler. I also agree with you that there is NO WAY to avoid lifting a toddler. Kudos to you for finding some help. I just ended up more and more sore. Good luck w those twins!

Ian Sorensen said...

They nearly put me on bed rest with Holly and asked me not to pick up Atley too. He was 11 months. Too hard! Let me know if you need any help!