12/06/2010

You Have All the Tender Sweetness of a Seasick Crocodile

It's Jane and Elizabeth picture time!




These adorable baby bows that we always get compliments on are from Aunt Pam! I love them. If you think her bows are as cute as I do, her Etsy shop is here.


Jane being contemplative.


Elizabeth being surprised.


The girls have discovered just how delicious their hands are.

We also just took them to the pediatrician today, who says they don't seem like preemies at all! They are now measuring them on the full term growth chart instead of the preemie one. Jane is 11 pounds 1 ounce and 23.5 inches long, which puts her in the 5% for weight and 20% for height. Elizabeth is 11 pounds 4 ounces and 23.8 inches long, which puts her in the 8% for weight and 28% for height. They've almost tripled their birth weight!

Developmentally they are coming along just fine. They love jabbering away at us, and recently have loved standing on our laps. They smile a lot too, it's just hard to get it on camera! Hand eye coordination is coming slowly but surely. We head back to the preemie ophthalmologist in March to make sure they don't have any other major eye problems associated with prematurity.

We also got the okay from the pediatrician to start them on some rice cereal, which I am CELEBRATING WITH JOY. They have been nursing every 2 hours during the day (this is even with the 2 bottles of high calorie formula that they get at night), which means that on a normal day I am nursing 14 times, and on a crazy day like Sunday, I am nursing one billions times.

2 comments:

red said...

Wow!!! Do you have anything else to do while you nurse? I'm glad the girls are growing so well. You're amazing.

Michelle & Trevor said...

Holly- I try to keep Atticus from killing himself, or the girl that I am not nursing while nursing the other one. So, yes, I have something to do while I nurse :)