4/27/2010

After you look at this, watch the video below it

Hey guys! Want to hear about a couple of fetuses? Okay! Here is an artist's rendering of what my twins look like inside of me right now.


Like most artist's renderings, it's not very accurate. At yesterday's quick scan, the one giant double-baby-placenta was still sitting right on top of them pushing them towards the bottom. And during the quick ultrasound (really quick, like 5 minutes) both of their heads were over to the right, and all 4 little feet were over to the left. No measurements were taken, but they looked like they were still the same size, and had plenty of fluid, and they were visibly bigger than last time.

Yesterday's check up was super quick. It was just to check that nothing drastic had happened before we leave for CALIFORNIA and then WASHINGTON! Hooray! After the ultrasound I said to the nurse "So I don't have another appointment for 4 weeks, right?" "No, we need to do your big half-way ultrasound within a certain time period, so we'd better see you right after you get back, in 2 weeks." So... two weeks. Again. But maybe after that it'll be every 4 weeks.

Okay, really, even though it's tiring to have a scan every 2 weeks, it's been fun to see them grow, and not just my belly. Baby A has been in the same position every appointment since the beginning, but Baby B flips back and forth. I have a feeling that when they start getting stronger, Baby A will start shoving back to get more room.

Also, just like always, the ultrasound tech tried to get a look at the gender, but there just isn't enough space! The exact words she said this time were "Well, if I had to decide I would say Girls for lack of any evidence otherwise" :/ And it doesn't help that they get really squirmy when they're being poked. The next ultrasound is the Big Long One, and if we don't find out then, I'm giving up. I'll just start buying gender neutral things.

1 comment:

David Peter said...

Michelle, do you ever hear them talk to each other? I wonder what they would say... Maybe when it is really quiet at night you can listen reeeaaally hard...