11/14/2009

The Beach

Although it's only 8:30 here, it's been 14 very,very long hours since Atticus and I woke up. And so my grateful post for today will be short. But I just want to say...

I am so grateful for the beach.


We don't live anywhere near the coast now, and I often whine to Trevor about that. The beach is in my top 3 very, very favorite places to be. I'm grateful to my parents and siblings for creating such happy memories of camping at Wages Creek and going to Bodega Bay for day trips. I'm so grateful that I know how to boogie board, and that I was still able to really enjoy it after growing a kid and a two year hiatus. And I'm grateful that Trevor listens to my daydreams about living someplace where I can go to the beach every single day!

3 comments:

red said...

I second the gratitude for the beach. Your soul is like the beach: colorful, chill, beautiful!

P&M Inc. said...

This is absolutely the best blog idea I've seen. Thanks Shelly.

Lorna said...

Do you remember getting all that sand off and out of Ian???;)