11/17/2009

Education

My all-time favorite family quote is "Don't let school get in the way of your education." I love the insight of that! I think I was in high school before I realized that good grades didn't mean I was learning anything. And while I certainly didn't even manage that half the time, I'm grateful that I have the education that I have, and that I can ALWAYS learn more. It was wonderful to be able to attend an LDS college where we started class with a prayer and kept the scriptures open in the class.

I'm also grateful that my high school mascot was a Honker. While it was somewhat of an embarrassment the time, it's a conversation starter now.

1 comment:

Neighbor Keith said...

My favorite education quote from our family is from Grandpa Vern on his deathbed, who told my dad to "keep those damn administrators out of the classroom"