11/24/2009

Cousins

I have the best family in the world. Really. This includes extended family.

I am so thankful that I have always lived around my cousins. Even now, Peter and Leigh-Ann live just over the bridge in Rexburg. Holly was my roomate in college, and before that, the Rich Hall kids lived down the street from us. My cousins are some of my best friends! Peter and I used to chill in a little world of our own when we were babies. Some might say we're still in a world of our own. Here's photographic proof:

Emily and I went to the same piano teacher, we even did a duet together during a Christmas recital. I still can't believe I talked Emily into doing chopsticks in the beginning! I think we may have shocked Julie Bursey enough to be glad her run with the Hall's is over :)


I don't have a more appropriate picture of us at a recital, so here's one of Emily breaking the girls camp hula hoop record. She's pretty awesome.

I have to make special mention of Holly Marie. I owe so much to her. I am so thankful for the mothering and friendship she gave me that I so desperately needed my first semester away from home. I'm so thankful for the strength you've shown in your life, because it gave me confidence to build up my own strength in decisions.

Holly and I, I think it's '94




Chad and Glenn, making good last use of the high chairs

I am so thankful for all of my cousins!! I'm grateful to Andrea, James, Rebecca and Saramarie for the wonderful examples they have been to me. I'm grateful to all of Uncle Ed and Aunt Ellen's kids for putting up with me every Easter as we invaded your house, and as Holly and I made a racket to be reckoned with. I'm thankful to all of Aunt Julie and Uncle Bart's kids, even if Chad did draw on my face while I was sleeping. Punk :) I'm thankful for all of Wes and Lisa's kids too, for their funny views of life and Hall-ish sense of humor


A bunch of Mumfords (if not by name, then by heart)


Grandpa, Todd, Peter and Me at Wages Creek in... 1990? Maybe?

Hi Chad!

If I make a list of everyone here, it's going to get very long, very quickly. But just know that if you are a cousin of mine, I am so thankful for you! Our lives just wouldn't be a good if we didn't have each other. I love all of you!

Me, Emily, Kim, and Peter in 1993, with Granpa and who I'm assuming is my dad in the background.

Kelly, David and I after hiking 3 miles to see an unsafe structure... I honestly don't remember what we went to see, I only remember the walk.

Todd, Peter and I at a Hall family reunion

3 comments:

Lisa said...

love the pics, I love that my kids so have so many great cousins too.

David Peter said...

Michelle, where did you get all of these great pictures? I would love to see if you have any more. Thanks for posting these, it was so fun to see them. It really brings back a lot of memories. Happy Thanksgiving!

red said...

MICHELLE!!! Oh my heart breaks I miss you so much. You are so sweet. The mothering and support goes both ways. You have taken such good care of me. I love you so much and am so grateful for you. It's a good thing God made us cousins. He really knew what he was doing.