11/23/2009

Extra, EXTRA grateful post!

We had a big weekend here, with Grandpa Rick and Gigi and Grumpy. They stopped here for a couple days before they headed down to Utah yesterday. We'll probably be following them Wednesday night.

So here is a great big thankful post to make up for the days I missed!

I am so grateful for my Temple marriage to Trevor! Growing up with the LDS gospel all around me, I never imagined getting married anywhere but in a temple. I always knew that when I finally decided and committed myself to a man, I would want to be with him not only "until death do you part", but forever. I know that he and I existed before we were born here, and we'll exist after we kick the bucket too. And I still want to be married to him after Atticus plants us in the ground ("Plant us in the garden, next to the lion").


We were all pretty excited.

I'm so thankful for MUSIC! I was so lucky to grow up in a home with music going all the time. My dad, the band teacher, taught all of us kids how to play at least one instrument. My mom also jump started me on the piano when I was a little girl. When I got older and wanted voice lessons, she let me take those too, and then talked me into taking more piano lessons instead. I'm so grateful she did this! I love to play the piano. I love listening to music, I love playing it, I love that Atticus seems to love music just as much as I do. I'm thankful that Trevor is an all-star with the guitar (Seriously. The man is amazing. Even if he did learn it just to get girls in high school.) I'm also so thankful for the opportunity that I had to work for KBYI and KBYR. I had a lot of wonderful music listening opportunities that I wouldn't have otherwise had. I'm so so grateful to my Dad for prepping me for that job. 80% of the knowledge I used in that job came from conversations with my father, and the music we listened to when we would go do the popcorn on Fridays.


My knowledge of the Canadian Brass and the Boston Pops came in handy many, many times. Thanks Dad!

Atticus just got up from his first nap, so hopefully I'll have time to add more more grateful post later on today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And speaking of Trevor's musical talent, you can't forget the tuba. . . :)